Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] from c.i.gopher: Grumpy - a web and gopher server

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] from c.i.gopher: Grumpy - a web and gopher server
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:13:54 -0800 (PST)

From comp.infosystems.gopher.

From: Mateusz Viste <mateusz.visteATmailDOTru@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Grumpy - a web & gopher server
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.gopher
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:38:38 +0100

Hi!

I am not sure if this newsgroup is still alive, but anyway :)

I would like to make a little announcement. Few months ago, I wrote a web
server, which I called "Grumpy". Recently, I added an Gopher engine to this
server, so it can serve HTTP content, Gopher, or both. Of course, it may
act as a Gopher-only server.

I always liked the simplicity of Gopher, and I am pleased to discover that
even today, there are still many servers serving gopher content around the
world. :-)

The Grumpy server is hosting its own website and gopher site, which are
respectively at:
http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/grumpy/
gopher://gopher.viste-family.net/1/grumpy

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- The idea is to die young as late as possible. -- Ashley Montagu ------------