Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] Re: Gopher client

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher client
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:37:24 -0800 (PST)

Report to your ISP that regular access to several Gopher Sites are required in
the performance of your business.  Also tell them that this is a normal Port
that has been in use by Government and Educational servers for two decades.
Not only is Port 70 discussed in RFCs, but has been officially assigned by
IANA.  Therefore, as this is a normal part of Internet traffic, they need
to keep the port open for your access, just like Port 80.