Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2009:
[gopher] Re: gopher and IPv6

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopher and IPv6
From: Florian Teply <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:57:46 +0100

Am Montag 19 Januar 2009 15:28:49 schrieb Jeroen Schot:
> As to tunnelbrokers, I've been using a tunnel from Hurricane Electric
> (tunnelbroker.net). Tunnel setup might be slightly more difficult then
> SIXXS, but registration is much faster.

Well, both work. on my laptop i also run a tunnel to hurricane electric, but
at home i went for sixxs simply because HE has quite high roundtrip times for
me as basically every packet goes through Canada, which maybe isn't tooo
clever for nearly-local connections (from home (berlin, germany) to my server
(also berlin, germany)). Probably won't matter for north america though. On
the other hand, sixxs has PoPs all over europe and north america.
And: HE does - IIRC that is - only hand out dynamic IPv6 adresses from a pool
as opposed to static ones from sixxs.

They do get along though, had both tunnels running simultaneously on a single
machine.

And registration from first contact to working tunnel wasn't that much slower
with sixxs, two days in all IIRC. Probably depends on weather, workload, time
of day and amount of coffee they had ;-)

Greets,
Florian