[gopher] Re: released: mgod 1.0

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: released: mgod 1.0
From: Mate Nagy <k-zed@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 00:21:09 +0200

> UMN gopher client has perfect support
> gopher://gopher.quux.org/1/devel/gopher/Downloads
 yes - that's the single client I found that used gopher+ - and it's
otherwise unwieldy, nasty, and buggy. Its handling of html files seemed
especially horrible.
 Other than this, my other reason for dropping gopher+ was that I simply
don't find it a good idea :)

 In fact, now that I think of it, we're only keeping this handling of
\t$ selector workaround in our gopher servers to accomodate the bad
behavior of this single client that otherwise should be used by nobody.
Come on, it wants to use gopher+ right away on the root menu, and breaks
if it's not supported?
 To hell with that. Workaround removed from mgod SVN, I move that others
should do similarly.

Regards,
 Mate