[gopher] Re: released: mgod 1.0

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: released: mgod 1.0
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

> Hulloh,
>  announcing: mgod 1.0
>  Major changes since previous versions:
>   - Gopher+ support removed (\t$ selector detection remains, behaves
>       similarly to the gopher.floodgap.com server)

Why was it removed? Difficulty of maintaining it?

I'll be adding Gopher+ into bucktooth one day but that's a long way off
right now.

>   - Source code smaller and somewhat neater, striving towards (but I
>       suppose not reaching) the "suckless ideal"
I like this term. I'll be using it in my own descriptions. :-D

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Specialization is for insects. -- Robert Heinlein --------------------------