Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: gopherchan!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: gopherchan!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:21:52 -0700 (PDT)

> > One other note though -- most of the images are using g item type, although
> > they are not gifs. Perhaps use I instead?
>  interesting. I was originally using 'I', but somewhere on the list I
> remember reading that it should be avoided in favor of 'g'. I guess it
> was just confused.
>  Restored to 'I'

I think that was one of the proposals for changes to the item type systems.
Even though I don't like I because it's so badly overloaded, like so many
things, it carries the weight of a long history of abuse :) and for your
purposes, since it's a "multi" type, it would work fine.

FWIW, Overbite uses a different way of parsing gopher menus and does not
appear to have the problem with item type lines the proxy did. Please
advise me if you discover this not to be the case.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Age is a very high price to pay for maturity. ------------------------------