Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 22:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

> Although the philosophy of all of this just gets my heart beating faster,
> Cameron has the perspective of the person actually coding all of this in the
> real world client!  I would just as soon have the client working smoothly as
> to force it to obey a nice idea that makes coding a nightmare.  Let the
> programmer win the day!

I appreciate the sentiment -- I just don't want to be accused of making such
actions unilaterally either.

Perhaps a better idea rather than trying to overhaul the whole system would
simply to take up such issues as they come along, so I'll just start with
these.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- For every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill. -- R. Clopton ------