Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: meta: item types, etc.

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: meta: item types, etc.
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:55:08 -0700 (PDT)

> By the way, I noticed that UMN gopherd uses P itemtype for PDF (but 9 in
> the selector string). Here is string it sends on my machine:
>
> Pipasam-x       9/ipasam-x.pdf  dell.home       7070    +
>
> Lynx parses it to:
>
> gopher://dell.home:7070/P9/ipasam-x.pdf

Bleh. Well, guess I'd better support that too as an exception. Incidentally,
I reconsidered (r, RTF); maybe a better one would be (r, RSS) and (t, RTF).

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. -- de Gaultier ---