Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2008:
[gopher] Re: GoperVR for Linux "works"

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: GoperVR for Linux "works"
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:30:45 -0700 (PDT)

> After a few hours of tweaking and head scratching, I was able to compile
> GopherVR for Linux and render and walk around floodgap's Gopher server. It
> doesn't seem to work that well, as I can't even figure how to open a menu
> or something (although this may be related to the fact that you have to
> compile U&M's gopher client into gopherVR, and its possible the internal
> APIs have changed over the years).

Can you put your source changes up somewhere? Since Apple, in their infinite
wisdom, has chosen to kill Classic, I'd like to take a shot at porting it
to OS X. My G5 will run the original fine on Tiger, of course, but my friend's
MacBook Pro on Leopard won't.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- So what's my point? I don't know, it's fun to talk about. -- Judy Blackburn