Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2008:
[gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:29:35 -0700 (PDT)

Articles about GopherVR can be found here:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/00\Begin_Here\References\Articles\GopherVR_now_available.txt

gopher://home.jumpjet.info/00\Begin_Here\References\Articles\A_Preliminary_Design_for_a_3-D_Spatial_User_Interface_for_Gopher.txt

You can get GopherVR for Macintosh at:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here\Clients\MacOS_7x\TurboGopherVR

You can get GopherVR for Unix at:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here\Clients\Unix-based\GopherVR

There were other varients of GopherVR for Unix, and an announcement for
GopherVR for the PC, but I can not find any surviving examples (if anyone has a
copy, contact JumpJet).

All known Gopher Clients, for all sorts of platforms, can be found at:
gopher://home.jumpjet.info/11\Begin_Here\Clients

As for user interfaces, I am in favor of the Single Document Inferface.  I find
Tabs to be the LEAST desirable interface.