Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2008:
[gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?

To: <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] Re: UI design of the next new gopher client?
From: Michael Casdeval <sonicmctails@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:52:47 -0400

As an added note, I decided a tree based view would work the best. For text=20=
files, the file itself could be displayed if its small or it could pop open=20=
a in a separate window.

If you hit a new gopher site, then a new window for that gopherhole can open=
. Unfortuantely, for this to work well, I feel that we need a good centraliz=
ed gopher site to organize the various sites from a single location like yah=
oo used to do for the web.

In addition, we should look into explaining the gopher protocol to support t=
hings like sending responses to a program like cgi.
Michael