Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: June 2008:
[gopher] Re: 32-bit Windows Gopher Client desperately needed

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: 32-bit Windows Gopher Client desperately needed
From: JumpJet Mailbox <jumpjetinfo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 19:24:38 -0700 (PDT)

I would suggest the Windows 2000 look-and-feel.&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Microsoft spent many man-hours in the lab watching users eye / hand movements
as well polling their desires in color schemes, frame sizes and shapes, etc.,
when they developed the Windows 2000 interface.&nbsp; The look-and-feel of
Windows 2000 was once applauded by industry experts (I'm not kidding) as well
researched.&nbsp; Why they tossed it away for the "fat and rounded" Windows XP
look-and-feel I will never know, but it was probably market driven (we need to
look "fresh") rather than scientifically chosen.
&nbsp;
Stick to "expected" object actions, keyboard shortcuts, pulldown menu items
(including names and placement), mouse menus, etc., and KEEP THE
DEFAULTS&nbsp;LEAN (everything "turned off"),&nbsp;and you will go a long way
towards user acceptance of your Gopher Client.