Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Hi, new user reporting !

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Hi, new user reporting !
From: "B.J.F. Stobiecki" <bartek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:31:32 +0100

Hello.

I'm quite new to gopherspace and don't have a running gopher server
(though had one pygopherd for a while as a proof-of-concept). I like the
clean look nad navigation system it provides as I'm not a big fan of
modern webpages which often look like a product of sick imagination and
they hog the system with complex propertiary software

As I'm fond of "ancient" technology I used to spend days on IRC and make
Texinfo documentation (just for kicks) which is quite similiar in
presentation (tree-alike navigation, fixed text. It is the content that
matters, just like in the Open Directory Project (blame stegozor for
having me here).

Well anyway, I've submitted the Polish i18n for OverbiteFF (apart from
.properties files I've modified the chrome manifest file and
install.rdf;  imagine I had no prior experience with XPIs) which looks
promising. Unfortunately I can't browse gopher:// directly from my PC,
while running Windows XP, because it ends on instant boot. So I use
Floodgap Gopher Proxy from Opera and the OverbiteFF extension runs on
Firefox which is installed under the Virtual PC machine ;-P

I tried to post here through Gmane, but the message got stuck somewhere,
so I post directly to the list. That's all for now. Cheers !

--
Bartłomiej Stobiecki AKA bjfs / K-Bay
Homepage: http://www.bartek.stobiecki.eu