Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2007:
[gopher] Final dot required on server request?

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Final dot required on server request?
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:40:49 -0600

I noticed that PyGopherd does not appear to send a final "." character
prior to terminating the connection, but Bucktooth does.  A quick read
of the RFC leads me to believe the "." is to be expected.  Has this
been deprecated?  It's not a big deal, just need to know how to write
a bit of code to either expect or not expect the dot.

  --Brian