Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2007:
[gopher] Re: del.icio.us

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: del.icio.us
From: Peter Tynan <happy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:36:42 +0000 (GMT)

I too must admit to being intrigued by the thought of a gopher friendly
wiki and will keeping an eye on this project but with regards to the original
post I'd thought I would let you know that progress is being made...
"We like Gopher, but it isn't on the whitelist of protocols (see
http://del.icio.us/doc/dangerous) right now. I'll put it on the list to
be added to the whitelist when we get a chance"
now I'll just have to make sure that they keep to their word.

Peter

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Brian wrote:

> To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gopher] Re: del.icio.us
>
> Along the same topic:  If you're looking for a "gopher-friendly" wiki,
one that doesn't mung up gopher:// URLs, check out WikkaWiki.  (Yes, this
is a shameless plug, as I'm one of the Wikka devs...)  I'm also working
on plans for code that will make Wikka "gopher-friendly" so that it
serves up gopher content directly.  My goal isn't to write a new server,
but to use Wikka as a platform for authoring gopher content using
wiki markup.  Or something like that :)  Come by and drop off your
comments at http://www.wikkawiki.org/WikkaGopher.

   --Brian