Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2005:
[gopher] Gopher for dummies

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Gopher for dummies
From: Walter Vermeir <vt6115514@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:47:22 +0100

Hi,

I am looking for information about how to make a gophersite. I have an
sdf-eu.org account that provides gopherspace.

There I have the "mkgopher" instruction. I can define an "title" for my
gophersite and a "discription" of 60 symbols.

But is not clear to how to make an menu page. Text and links to
documents, provide a discription to those directorys. How can you add an
 search function (Veronica?)

It seems there is also a hidden file ".links" that contains information.

I am looking for an overview of the different instructions that exist
that you can use for a gopher site. Like there is for www by use of an
index of the html-makeup options and how to use it.

Is there sofware special for making a gopher site? I use GNU/linux.

Greetings,
Walter Vermeir