Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2005:
[gopher] Re: which gopherd to use and other info

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: which gopherd to use and other info
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:22:10 -0700 (PDT)

>   Myself I'm running Cameron Kaiser's Bucktooth:
> gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/buck/
>
> and am happy about it.  Please don't ask which one is better, I'm sure
> you'll be perfectly at ease with Pygopherd.  I only chose Bucktooth
> becase Pygopherd would not run with the old python that used to be
> shipped with the previous Debian stable, Woody (3.0), that I was using
> when I first deployed my gopher server.

Yes, John does very good things with pygopherd and with my Pythonphile
friends, I regularly direct them to it. Naturally, I run Bucktooth. :)

Both are maintained, current projects and either will serve you well.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- Good-bye. I am leaving because I am bored. -- George Saunders' dying words -