Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: December 2004:
[gopher] Fwd: Re: Feelings I got gophering around

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Fwd: Re: Feelings I got gophering around
From: Timm Murray <tmurray-gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:45:49 -0600

Looked like I forgot to send this from my Gopher address, so it didn't get to
the list.  Apologies if you see this twice.

Subject: Re: [gopher] Feelings I got gophering around
Date: Monday 13 December 2004 09:34 am
From: Timm Murray <tmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Your post reminded me of what I wanted to do with Gopher: a place to get all
the great hacks that have built up in computing over the years.  I want the
PDP-11 instruction set. Schmeatics for an Apple ][e.  Plans for a pringles
can wi-fi antenna.  And so on.

These sorts of things are what I wanted to add to my Gopher server
(gopher.wumpus-cave.net), but I haven't had an oppertunity to work on the
project (all I have there is a welcome notice and some pictures of a camping
trip where we set a giant stuffed Barney on fire).  I wanted a synthisis of
the web and Gopher, where people would get the documents off Gopher, but
submit new docs and give ratings to current ones on the web.

Anyway, if anybody wants to help out, let me know.  Mostly we just need to
track down documents for posting.  I can worry about web submission and
voting later.