Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: November 2004:
[gopher] About Bucktooth

Subject: [gopher] About Bucktooth
From: Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:47:02 +0100 (CET)

I was considering installing Bucktooth on "route-add.net",
but I wonder how safe can this idea be considering that
Bucktooth seems not to have undegone any changes for three
years and the following lines in the INSTALL file that make
me both laugh and jitter:

>This is a very, very scruffy hack of Bucktooth into a form that can be
>used by outside server administrators. It is *NOT* a polished, end-user
>product. If you don't know how to hack Perl, do NOT use it. There are
>probably a billion security holes in it, and no doubt about a trillion
>bugs. YMMV, CYA and pregnancy may result if improperly positioned.

   What are your Bucktooth experiences like?  Who's using it?
Should I just laugh about the INSTALL warnings and go ahead installing
Bucktooth with little or no worry, or should I definitely put the
software aside?

--
Alessandro Selli
Tel: 340.839.73.05