[gopher] Re: PyGopherd 2.0 released; Gopher and WAP

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd 2.0 released; Gopher and WAP
From: smoerk <smoerk@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:28:14 +0200

Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>>>So do you all think this could be the niche that will bring gopher
>>>back to popularity again?
>>
>>nothing can bring gopher to popularity again.
>

> Troll.

maybe my definition of popularity is different than yours. i don't
wanted to say that there's something wrong with gopher or people still
using gopher or writing gopher software.

but be realistic, gopherspace will never again be a popular alternative
to the html-www. but i doubt that this is the whole point about still
using gopher. there are only a few people using gopher nowadays and i
believe this will not change in the future. but i don't see any problem
with this, as long as there is a small enthusiastic community keeping
gopher alive.