[gopher] Re: PyGopherd 2.0 released; Gopher and WAP

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd 2.0 released; Gopher and WAP
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:35:41 -0500

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 02:09:28PM +0100, Luis Oliveira wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 03:15:47PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Additionally, there is the debut of a major new feature: the WAP protoc=
> ol.
>
> Nice, that's pretty cool!! I'm certainly going to try that out.

Incidentally, version 2.0.2 added WAP autodetection for browsers.  So you
can point a mobile phone to the same http URL as you'd use for a browser,
and PyGopherd should automatically detect that it's a mobile phone and serve
up the WAP version with no additional hinting.

> > PyGopherd is available from http://quux.org:70/devel/gopher/pygopherd o=
> > gopher://quux.org/1/devel/gopher/pygopherd.
>
> How long until it gets into Debian unstable?

It has been uploaded and accepted, so figure about a day or so.

The same .debs that I uploaded to unstable ar on the quux site.

-- John