[gopher] Re: PyGopherd UMN Broken

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: PyGopherd UMN Broken
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:41:31 -0500

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:48:29AM -0500, Aaron J. Angel wrote:

> I can't seem to get .Links working.  From what I read from the handler
> in the comments, it only merges when path begins with ./ or ~/?  Does
> that mean it discards everything else?  If so, why?  UMN doesn't do
> this, IIRC; the whole point of .Links is to provide external links,
> otherwise it'd be fairly useful.

The gopherd manpage from UMN will probably be helpful to you.

Let me give you an example for a .Links file:

Path=/devel/offlineimap
Type=1
Name=OfflineIMAP
Host=+
Port=+

A .names file might look like this:

Path=./offlineimap
Name=OfflineIMAP mail synchronizer

Note though that .names and .Links are merely convention; you can combine
the two, or use entirely different filenames.

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org