Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: March 2002:
[gopher] Re: \n.\n

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: \n.\n
From: Robert Hahn <rhahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:51:02 -0500

John:

I would fully support this if you can explain to me how a gopher
client is supposed to 'know' when the end of a file is and closes the
connection.

I don't know much about server design and certainly about this
implementation (yet), but I do understand that the gopher0 and + spec
indicated that the reason for \n.\n is to indicate EOF.

thx,
-rh