Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] new feature

To: Gopher-L <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] new feature
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:07:05 -0500

For gopher0 clients, my bucktooth now presents ASK blocks as a html
form.  This does not work in Internet Explorer (as it cannot handle HTML
in gopher).  It also does not work in hurg, which does not handle links
in an html gopher file properly.

So now gopher0 clients have access to everything gopher+ on my bucktooth
server, aside from getting attributes, which would not be too meaningful
for them anyways.

I was going to set it up so that the bucktooth program can also output
http code (just needs a minor rewrite of the output code), but there is
probably not much point to this, since there already is hurg,
heatdeath,....  I might still do this later.

Also, if you want to try out the server, I put the tarred and gzipped
contents of my server in the download directory