Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] HTTP via Bucktooth

To: Gopher-L <gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gopher] HTTP via Bucktooth
From: Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 21:50:58 -0500

I guess I just couldn't resist, instead of just accessing my gopher at
gopher://sugaku.homeunix.org, you can now also access it at
http://sugaku.homeunix.org.

You can seamlessly access all of the files, searches, moles, ASKs, from
any client, be it gopher0, gopher+, or just http.  Top that!

Most of the functions (output, frontend) have been moved to the seperate
gopherlib.  This way the server and moles just have to worry about the
content, and gopherlib then displays it.  Also this way moles are given
access to all of the important functions to display, check info, check
mimes/views, check attribs.

And I still have almost no real content on the server <g>

PS: could we please change the name to gopehr?  I already always make
this typo, so it would simplify my writing.

If you want bucktooth, you should get it as soon as possible, because it
is getting bulkier (and perhaps buggier) every minute.

I think I've done enough and can go back to real life for a while.
Adios!