Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: RFE: corruption should depend on the effective distance to

To: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: RFE: corruption should depend on the effective distance to the capital
From: Fishpark <fishpark77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:24:56 +0100 (BST)

Isn't that rather trivial? store a distance_to_capital number per world  tile,
and recompute that whenever a road is built. When calculating the  actual
corruption, multiply by a factor that takes into account  technology and
wonders.

  Would corruption be determined per tile, or for the city as a whole, using
either an average or min/max approach?

Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Yes, possibly, corruption
might depend on the effective distance.

However, how would you write the rules for this such that it is not
necessary for the CPU to rebuild an entire city distance anytime a new
road is built?

And the telegraph and telephone would reduce effective distance as well.

(waste is not displayed in some clients, unfortunately)