Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: feature request: tab for units not yet moved

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: feature request: tab for units not yet moved
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:57:23 +0200

Jason Dorje Short wrote on Mar 28, 23:07 (-0500):
> Wolfram Sieber wrote:
>
> > when developing large civs usually I want to operate all units of a kind
> > at one time, say, first move all the airplanes, than fast moving land
> > units, then available soldiers and so on.
> >
> > Currently, to be able to do so I have to cycle thru all the units moved
> > not yet to get a kind of order of the units (by operating the currently
> > wanted units and 'w'-ing the one currently not to operate).
>
> In 2.1 the 'y' button may be of use here.
>
> > I think, this issue could be improved by making another tab available
> > that lists the units which have some moves left for the current turn.
> > Probably the best design for such a tab would be a one similar to the
> > cities tab where one can chose by which column to order.
>
> Interesting idea.

We could improve the sorting order of idle/active units in more ways:

- the default order is sometimes bad; it should cycle strictly
  geographically
- cycling be isles
- cycling by unit type or by unit group (workers *and* engineers).
- after unloading a device, first process the container and then *all*
  unloaded units

Christian