Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2006:
[Freeciv] Change size requirements for working squares

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Change size requirements for working squares
From: "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 19:36:03 -0600

Has anyone tried changing how many squares a city is allowed to work
based on city size as a means to combat smallpox? A big reason smallpox
works is cities being allowed to work the city square for free, so as a
start, maybe cities shouldn't get to work the city square for free.
ISTM that shouldn't be terribly difficult to code, either (in fact, I'd
love to try it if someone could give me a pointer towards what I'd need
to change).

Another interesting possibility is requiring a citizen for each type of
resource (food, prod, trade), though that might need to be balanced by
something otherwise growth would be way slow.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx