Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2006:
[Freeciv] Re: newbie needs help capturing a city

To: "Joseph J. Strout" <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: newbie needs help capturing a city
From: "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 19:05:34 -0600

Couple things...

Remember that if you don't have full movement points, you stand a much
bigger risk of losing. So a good tactic is to plant a good defensive
unit (well, actually a bunch in different squares) to provide a place to
launch attacks from. Let the AI pound on those for a while, because if
you've got favorible terrain you're more likely to win. Plus you don't
want to risk offensive units until you know the AI is unlikely to
attack. When ready, roll in the catapults.

Or, better yet, just 'buy' the cities away using diplomats. I generally
find that to be much easier.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx