Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: Game manuals

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Game manuals
From: Guido Ostkamp <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:43:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Christian,

> On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 12:26:27AM +0200, Guido Ostkamp wrote:
> >
> > - The German version of the manual seems outdated, written for 1.13.0 and
> >   not in Wiki format. Is nobody working on this anymore?
>
> The English version is outdated, too. You can try to transfer the 1.13
> version to the wiki and then update it to 2.0, but there are several problems
> face:

I would be interested to move & update the existing stuff into the Wiki
provided there is no copyright on the original 1.13.0 German manual that
prevents this (I could not find any info) and the original maintainer is
no longer interested or has no objections anyway.

Do you have any info on this?

Do I need to be granted special access rights for the Wiki?

I have a Wiki account (my last name in lowercase letters) but a few days
ago I found I was not allowed to fix the downloads page, for example.

Regards,

Guido