Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: how to add a new nation?

To: Netotea Sergiu <nepleausall@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: how to add a new nation?
From: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:37:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Netotea Sergiu wrote:
> I am a romanian, and i am dissapointed by the fact
> that there is no romanian and bulgarian civilization
> in the game. I am planning to add them and i want to
> know if that is posible and how can it be done, as i
> do not have time now to go deep into the source code.

You do not even have to touch the source code. All you need to do is to
write another nation ruleset file in data/nations/ like that of
data/nations/vikings.ruleset

> Also, can the civilisation starting position be
> modified in a scenario?

Yes, using civworld. However, civworld is in the process of being
rewritten right now, and I am not sure how useful it current is.

  - Per