Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2004:
[Freeciv] Maps

To: Lista FreeCiv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Maps
From: Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański <niewod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:34:56 +0100

Hello

I have same questions ideas about maps.

First of all at http://www.civ.org.pl we've added some new maps or new
version of Libor's maps. (Of course you can also download them from his
website). Most of them should fine works with 1.14.1. But not all of them=
.
Large maps of world nowdays and in ice age don't work. Can you explain wh=
at
should be change.

[Right now our website is quite unstable, we are moving into new server]

Second Primo ;-):
At Mercator website: http://www.civgaming.net/mercator/index.htm, I've fo=
und
some of intresting stuff.

1.)  'European Map Maker' by Harlan Thompson
The European Map Maker is a bitmap of Europe and surrounding areas ready =
be converted into Civ2 map format using MapEdit...

I quess it shouldn't be hard to convert from bmp to FreeCiv map. But wher=
are information about map's format (I know in source ;-)

2.) 'MapUtility' by Allyn Flinchbaugh
A utility that can convert between various game map formats (Civ2, Civ:Ct=
P,
RRT2, SMAC) and PCX files.

And again i quess that from pcx to freeciv map road is not so long. (If y=
ou
can convert map to xpm, so you should be able to convert xpm to map. Am I
right?)

So if there any people to write some converters?

--=20
Wawrzyniec Niewodnicza=F1ski    E-MAIL: niewod(at)kicia.ch.pwr.wroc.pl
        vel LarryN       WWW:http://kicia.ch.pwr.wroc.pl/~niewod/en-index=
.php
       PhD student @                    JID: larryn@xxxxxxxxx       =20
Wroclaw University of Technology        TEL: +48(071)320-2894