Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: map fairness test

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: map fairness test
From: "Arturo Espinosa-Aldama" <arturoea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:03:46 -0600

Very interesting. I'd like to say that random maps (which are the worst case
scenario) are fair as well, and that's because when a game is started, all
players are subject to the possibility of ending up in a crappy island or
whatever. So, if you end in such a situation on one game, well, stop crying
and try to do your best, and wish for better startups for the next game.

Besides, I think knowing the map on advance removes most of the fun out of
the game. People already have very precise steps regarding technology
advancement, government switching and city building, because the rules
governing these aspects are fixed. Now you want the map to be fixed as well?
Where did all the excitement about discovery go?

Greetings,
Arturo