Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: the 'new' city dialog": open discussion

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: the 'new' city dialog": open discussion
From: Laurenz Wiskott <l.wiskott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:13:09 +0100

I don't know the really old city dialog Mike Kaufman is referring to.
However, I have a suggestion for the new city dialog.  By far the most
frequent operation I do with the city dialog is to change the current
production.  I think this should be as simple as possible, but it now
(1.14.1) seems more cumbersome than in version 1.13.0.  I prefer the
old (1.13.0) version.  I also like the old worklist menu better.  In
particular I liked that the current production is the first entry in
the worklist, so that it can be edited in the same way as all other
entries of the worklist.  It often happens that I decide to build
something else before I finish the current production.  This was
easily done in 1.13.0 by moving the new production item to the top of
the list.  The current production item would move on place two.  This
now requires more clicks.

I also would like to suggest to separate more clearly city
improvements, units, and wonders in the production list to chose
from.  Just add an empty line between the three groups.  This would
make it easier to orient oneself.

Best regards,

Laurenz.