Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1469) Looking at the score

To: rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#1469) Looking at the score
From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:40:40 +0200

Hi!

I have no problem w/ it's current working. Score represents a general
power of a nation, which u might now IRL too w/o seen the country
itself. Eg I wasn't in the USA yet, but i can estimate it's power :)=20

Even now there are too much cheats in connection w/ scores/ranking (i
mean the using of fake nicknames w/o warning others in the game who uses
their only/primary nick, and the sudden-luxings in last turn, etc), so
score is a bit help to check it. Eg if somebody w/ a completely newbie
nick leads now at least we can see. W/ removing this command it would be
harder to find these situations and the info who u  have to fight
againts.=20

I think now eg. the rethink of score count of alliances and the client
authorization would be a more important question at this area :)

Of course this is only my opinion.

bye, hirisov

2003-09-01, h keltez=E9ssel 11:10-kor Christian Knoke ezt =EDrta: