Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] [Freeciv-Dev] new win32+gtk2 build available (feedback)

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] [Freeciv-Dev] new win32+gtk2 build available (feedback)
From: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:06:31 +0100 (BST)

I tried the gtk freeciv for windows on Micrsoft Widnows 98, unfortunately
I did not get very far.

The installer should probably try and check to see if a recent GTK runtime
is installed.  The installer did not question my attempt to install
against and older version of gtk 2.0 (i did installer 2.2 later) so i
presume no detection was happening at all.

There seemed to be some problme picking up gtk
I got this error

Error Starting Program
The LIBGDK-WIN32-2.0-0.DLL file is
linked to missing export LIBGLIB-2.0-0.DLL:g_get_application_name.

Underneath that dialog was this error
C:\program files\freeciv\civclient.exe
        C:\program files\freeciv\civclient.exe
        A device attached to the system is not functioning.
[OK]

I Dumped the above DLLs in the Freeciv directory (with the .exe in it).
That allowed the program to start but complians that there is not enough
memory.
Unfortunately that was as far as I was able to test.  I would be willing
to try a different build that gave loads of debugging information if that
would help.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/