Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] new win32+gtk2 build available

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] new win32+gtk2 build available
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:46:35 +0000 (GMT)

You still need to install the GTK Runtime first:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/GTK-Runtime-Environment-2.2.1.2.exe?download

Download from here:
ftp://upload.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/Freeciv-1.14.1-2.exe

CHANGES:
 - now includes sound (the downside to this is that the download is
larger)
 - several fixes by Vasco added
 - it is compiled with localization support, but it does not yet work
 - wrong link, from desktop icon of server to client, correct
 - added PEOPLE file
 - the DOS console window does not open by default for client, but it does
now anyway since we use it to output GTK warnings (duh). DO NOT ATTEMPT TO
CLOSE THIS WINDOW - the client will crash if you do!
 - I temporarily removed the install restriction that you can only install
it on NT

Please give it a try, and report those errors!

  - Per