Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Fantasy nations

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Fantasy nations
From: Daniel <DHerding@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:47:54 +0100

Hello Mike,

MK> there has been no 64-nation limit for a couple of months. I believe the
MK> limit now is 65000 nations :) Continuing innovations in nation dialogs are
MK> fixing the screen space problem. As for adding nations, this is now
MK> possible.

What about replacing the radiobuttons with a combobox?
A combobox can store unlimited nations using minimal screen space.
Would also be very easy to implement.

>> > can anyone tell me if there is a [Ethiopia] flag on the web which isn't
>> > protected? Or do I have to paint one from scratch?
>>
>> Best to be safe.  If it is a geometric pattern it shouldn't be too hard
>> to create.

MK> agreed.

I just found out that the one I was planning to use
( http://www.flags.net/elements/gif_flags/ETHP001.GIF )
is in use since 1996, and before, there have been many variants of the
tricolour ( http://www.flags.net/elements/gif_flags/ETHP002.GIF ) with
different emblems (see http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/et.html ),
so it's not only easier but also better to use the tricolour.
What size should the picture have? 24x18?

--
Best regards,
 Daniel