Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2002:
[Freeciv] Second contest: ICS

To: freeciv list <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Second contest: ICS
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 19:07:11 +0100

This second contest is about measuring your abilities to ICS. So while
the contest is basically "build N cities as fast as possible" this
would lead to situations where you place your last settlers at the
nearest possible spot to gain a turn or two. So the goal is:

  Build as fast as possible 8 cities and also have 4 settler built at
  the end.

I.e. build as fast as possible 10 settlers.

Startgame is http://www.freeciv.org/~rfalke/republic.gz. Player b.

This contest is hand-made for measuring the AI performance. So some
aspects are left out. It is for example hard to weight trade with
cities. So science doesn't matter. If there is a draw the gold and
science is considered. I know that this makes the contest not very
realistic.

Forbidden:
 - it is forbidden to change the government
 - it is forbidden to change the tax rates
 - it is forbidden to disband the initial explorer
 - it is forbidden to disband a city
 - it is forbidden to have more than 8 cities
 - it is forbidden to build anything other than settler or coinage

Allowed:
 - it is allowed to build terrain improvements
 - it is allowed to buy production

Hopefully I haven't forgotten any loophole ;)

Please send in the final savegame and the gamelog.

Starting point: my poor client side AI got the goal in turn 42.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  A supercomputer is a computer running an endless loop in just a second