Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: proposal for change of subs in default ruleset

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: proposal for change of subs in default ruleset
From: John Wheeler <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:12:30 -0800 (PST)

The way I see it, the current ruleset represents
WWI-era subs.  Rather than changing them, I'd prefer
to see new units created.  The proposed changes would
be more for a WWII-era sub (except I also think that
units capable of attack should have a shield upkeep).
I would also add a nuclear sub (prereq Nuclear Power),
and that would be the only sub that can carry
missiles.  While we're at it, you could also have a
fast, no-shield-upkeep, no-attack spy sub (prereq
Electronics) -- I would love to have a line of those
sentried around my coastline to warn of impending
invasions.

++JohnWheeler