Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] proposal for change of subs in default rules

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] proposal for change of subs in default ruleset
From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:42:46 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> I propose the following changes to submarines. Speak up now if you think
> this is a bad idea.

> -tech_req      = "Combustion"
> +tech_req      = "Steel"

IMO not necessary.

> -build_cost    = 60
> +build_cost    = 50

Maybe opposite. build_cost = 80 ?

Not sure. On the other hand,
build_cost = 30 could be nasty but submarine should sink by one shot then.

> -attack        = 10
> +attack        = 15

No opinion.

> -move_rate     = 3
> +move_rate     = 5

Good.

> -uk_shield     = 1
> +uk_shield     = 0

Good.

I think two last cases are ok and really make submarine more interesting.
Normally submarine is quite useless since it cant escape. You build one,
watch it sailing long trip and gets sunk by accident. Boring.

  Greets, Ilkka