Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Smallpox newbie question

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Smallpox newbie question
From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:40:51 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Thomas Strub wrote:

> > Is there something wrong with the rule changes noted in the article or
> > is there another reason smallpox still excists ?
>
> I don't like the ideas to cure smallpox/ICS with happiness. The game
> will be very boring after that. You don't have the choice between making
> more cities or not. Its nearly impossible to make more. That gives
> static rules and what is a static rule when you have different maps?

I think there is no way to cure smallpox. Playing Civ2 at thoughest level
is boring because of severe happiness problems and same applies for
Freeciv too.

IMO the best practise in avoiding smallpox is that you don't play smallpox
games. When playing on public server we often make clear and agree to
*not* play smallpox. If someone disagrees we wont play. Works quite well.
Works even better when playing with friends only :)

And although smallpox is extremely boring there are some players who like
it in that style.

  Greets, Ilkka