Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Smallpox newbie question

To: Pieter van der Eems <j.p.eems@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Smallpox newbie question
From: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 14:06:16 +0200

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 01:43:31PM +0200, Pieter van der Eems wrote:

Hi

> Imagine my surprise when I found this:
> http://www.freeciv.org/tutorials/nopox.html
> artikel at the freeciv site. I looks to me (a newbie) a good way to halt
> smallpox. The artikel has been around for a while and the changes that
> are discussed in the artikel have been implemented (I think, I saw the
> parameters the artikel was referring too).
>
> Is there something wrong with the rule changes noted in the article or
> is there another reason smallpox still excists ?

I don't like the ideas to cure smallpox/ICS with happiness. The game
will be very boring after that. You don't have the choice between making
more cities or not. Its nearly impossible to make more. That gives
static rules and what is a static rule when you have different maps?
9/12/20 cities may be enough for a 80 50 map but for 200 100? so you
have to adjust that every game. Chaning specials number of starting
settlers + adjust the hapiness parameters.

Rules are in the game to make it more interisting more varied. Some
anti-smallpox rules are cutting away options to win the game.

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nur weil das Aufzeichnen, Kopieren und Schnüffeln bei elektronischem