Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: A proposal concerning the game rules

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: A proposal concerning the game rules
From: LoD <lod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:01:35 +0200

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, LoD wrote:
> > On the other hand, AFAIK, most people make their biggest expansion
> > during the early years, so, regardless of their strategy they build
> > settlerss in small cities. However, I confess that I haven't played Civ3
> > yet (which doesn't stop me from being the main webmaster of a Civ3 site
> > ;)), so I don't know whether the way I try to enforce will actually do
> > any good. I trust you have, or you have tested this paradigm on Freeciv.
> > Or haven't you ;)?
>
> I have played Civ 3, yes. (Big disappointment.) Not tested it in Freeciv.

So it should be tested then :). I mean 2 pop settler, 0-pop worker of
course.

> My own suggestion is to double the effect of science buildings and also
> double research cost. That way you must build at least some big cities to
> participate in the tech race.

Hmm... interesting.

> > Well, he was fast. It's already done :).
> > http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/freeciv/workergraph/
> >
> > Yes, it looks a little bit 'too modern', but after a second glance,
> > in-game, it fits quite nicely with the other units. Comments welcome.
>
> Looks ok to me, but I'm artistically challenged ;)
>
> It would be nice with a 45x45 version, too, for r-hires and other big
> size tilesets.
>
> Yours,
> Per

Being artistically challenged does not mean one is aesthetically
challenged as well - I am the former as well, but not the latter :).
I've already asked that friend for the larger version, as you propose.
He also said that he might make a new tileset - which is good, of
course.

Nick