Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: Documentation about trade?

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Documentation about trade?
From: "P.G. Willemsen" <pgwillemsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:22:17 +0200

> Where in the documentation does it mention exactly how trading between two
> cities works?

I have searched in the documentation a short time ago. I could not find any
details about it.

> The documentation does mention that trade increases trade points for both
> cities but does not say by how much, or how you are able to tell.  Also
> which are the most profitable trade routes to create?

I looked in the source code to find the formulas. I found the following:

* you get more trade points if the distance between the two cities is
higher;

* you get more trade points if the two cities are on different continents;

* you get more trade points if the two cities are of different
civilizations.

I cannot recall the exact formulas, however.

Regards,
Peter Willemsen