Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: keyboard driven freeciv?

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: keyboard driven freeciv?
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:07:54 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Reinier Post wrote:
> No, the build list.  It's stupid to have to scroll and click Settlers
> amidst 20 other choices when you want build Settlers 95% of the time.
> Being able to type S would help here.

Except the build list is not alphabethical, but divided into categories. I
think the correct approach is to let rulesets decide, for example "name =
[S]ettler" giving the settler the "s" shortkey. Or a separate "shortkey =
s" option. I agree such a feature would be great, but I'm not going to do
this.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli