Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Graphs from civscore.log

To: Justin Hawkins <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv users <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Graphs from civscore.log
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:42:26 -0500 (EST)

> The biggest 'problem' with mine is that I use the year as the X axis. This
> 'squashes' the graph up against the right hand side somewhat (as the years
> do not progress linearly). But some people might think that was the right
> thing to do anyway.

   I, too, did something like this a little while back.  I used the number
of turns as the X-axis.  It didn't really give a sense of time passing,
but I don't know gnuplot well enough to scale correctly.  You can get a
(somewhat outdated) copy of my code from

http://opus.dulug.duke.edu/~justin/public/FreeCiv/

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx