Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2001:
[Freeciv] Graphs from civscore.log

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Graphs from civscore.log
From: Justin Hawkins <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:46:24 +1030 (CST)

Hi folks,

I whipped up a little script to generate some stats from the civscore.log
file.  You can see a sample at:

http://hawkins.dropbear.id.au/static/civ/civ.html

I'm interested in what people think. FYI, it requires perl and gnuplot.
This was born out of a desire not to get my hands dirty with making java
work to make CivLog work :-)

It's not ready for a public release, but it's pretty simple and doesn't
need much to make it so. Basically just add some options and remove some
hardcoded stuff.

It'd be neat for such graphs to be linked from the metaserver page for
eaach game, though they might give away too much information - it might
only be appropriate to generate them after the game is over.

I also have some ideas about making the civscore.log a little more verbose
to make the graphs a little more explantory - basically adding 'units'
information to the different items, plus a couple of other things.

Merry Xmas!

        - Justin

--
justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |    "Don't sweat it --