Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Two problems (Granary problem, City problem)

To: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Two problems (Granary problem, City problem)
From: Vladimir Niksic <vniksic@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:06:48 +0100

> > Sometimes I get this weird bug, that after playing a couple of
> > hours (multiplayer, or single player) that I can't enter one of my
> > cities. This problem almost always occurs. I click on the city I
> > want to enter, and I just can't enter to build or do anything else.
> > This happens without any kind of warning. The city is not occupied,
> > nor rebellious. What could be the problem?
>
> You probably have that city window opened before, and accidental
> moved it in the background (behind the main window). So use your
> window manager (Alt-Tab in KDE) to get it visible again.

Hmm, yes, that could be the problem. Thanks. I'll try it out.

> > Second, I just got a wierd message today from the game:
> > Game: Canterbury is building Granary(*), which is no longer
> > available. Now, I've always been an expert on Civ1, and some Civ2
> > knowledge, but I have never had problems of this kind. I suddenly
> > can't build any granaries, that be new or old cities. My friend
> > that was playing with me said he could build granaries normally.
> > Is, this a bug, or am I missing something, I have discovered
> > Pottery a long time ago.
>
> You probably have conquered a city with the pyramids wonder in it -
> now you don't need granaries any more. The message is a bit
> misleading, it's just a warning, and, yes, maybe it's a bug that
> you can't build granaries, because it could happen that you loose
> Pyramids again (the city).

Yes, you're quite right! I have the Pyramids built! Thank you for the help. I
remember that in Civ1 the Pyramids did not have that kind of affect (as I
recall, it would enable you to switch to any goverment you want, but I'm not
sure).

Once again, thanks for the help!