Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Game option "give city"

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Game option "give city"
From: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:28:26 -0700

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:55:58PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 11:43:30AM +0200, Thomas Strub wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > i think there should be a game option, where you can decide whether its
> > possible for the players to give cities for free to other players or
> > not.
>
> Good idea.
>
> > In my opinion its lame to win (or loose) a game only because all other
> > (weaker) player gave their cities to one good player who alone wasn't
> > strong enough to win.
>
> I agree.
>
> > Thought something like that:
> >
> > Option: givecity  -  Whether its possible to get cities from treaty:
> >   If this option is 1, players can give Cities to other players in a
> > treaty.
> > Value: 1, Minimum: 0, Default:1, Maximum: 1
>
> But what to do on a public server?  Make it cmdlevel hack so
> nobody can change it?

I don't think it should be boolean.  This would require more code (and I
don't think anyone has committed to coding any of this).  A third option
should make it possible to trade cities, as long as the ratio is 1:1,
trading cities can make a lot of sense and not unbalance the game the way
wholesale delivery of an empire does.

--
Paul Zastoupil